Last updated: March 18, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- “Company”means the Sustainable Power Solutions group and/or any of its’ affiliates/subsidiaries, and which head office is located at the Woodmill, Vredenburg Road, Devon valley, Stellenbosch, 7600, South Africa.
- “Company Data”refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the SPS Website.
- “Cookies”are small files that are placed on the User’s computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of the User’s browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- “Personal Data”is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- “SPS Website”refers to the Company’s website address, accessible by the following link: https://sps.africa/.
- “SPS Website Service Provider”means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the SPS Website, to provide the SPS Website on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the SPS Website or to assist the Company in analysing how the SPS Website is used.
- “User” means the individual accessing or using the SPS Website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the SPS Website, as applicable.
Collecting Company and Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using the SPS Website, the Company may ask the User to provide the Company with certain personal identifiable information that can be used to contact the User. Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Company Data
Company Data is collected automatically when using the SPS Website.
When the User accesses the SPS Website by or through a mobile device, the Company may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the User mobile device unique ID, the IP address of the User’s mobile device and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Certain sections of the SPS Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
User Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the SPS Website, including to monitor the usage of our SPS Website.
- To contact the User:This will only be used in the event that we need to get in touch with you should you have submitted a query.
- To provide a Userwith newsletters, important sector news and general information about services and events which the User enquired about, unless the User has opted not to receive such information.
- For other purposes: Company may use the User information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our marketing drives and to evaluate and improve the SPS Website, products, services and User experience.
The Company may share User personal information in the following situations:
- With SPS Website Service Providers:Company may share the User’s personal information with a SPS Website Service Provider/s to monitor and analyse the use of the SPS Website, or to contact the User.
Retention of User Personal Data
Transfer of User Personal Data
The User’s information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices. This means that this information may be stored on computers located outside of a User’s state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ.
Disclosure of User Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose the User’s Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court order or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose the User’s Personal Data in good faith and belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the SPS Website
Security of User’s Personal Data
The Company is obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information it holds and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. The Company shall, on an on-going basis, continue to review its security controls and related processes to ensure that User personal information remains secure. Although the Company strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect the User’s Personal Data, the Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
The Company has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at